660News in Calgary is looking for a part time anchor/ reporter to join our news team.
- Present the news in an entertaining and authoritative manner.
- Assemble newscasts and rewrite content with creativity and flair.
- Make sure the news we air is factual.
- Understand the News Vision.
- Be able to write entertaining teases that will keep audiences tuned through commercials
- Be able to operate the board to make sure the product is presented with as few miscues as possible.
- Be available for reporting duties
- Be available to cover other shifts when deemed necessary by the News Director or Editor on duty.
- Generate interesting story ideas on a daily basis.
- Regular posts to website and social media
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Be a team leader and a team player with a positive attitude
- This position does involve working weekends and statutory holidays.
- Must be willing to work at least 21 hours per week.
- You must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License with no restrictions.
- Be familiar with online publishing and social media platforms
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 145106
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment